I slept like a log last night but poor Jason wasn't so lucky. This is a loud and active city and from what I hear the don't stop partying until around 5 but then the rest of the world gets up around 5:15. He referred to that 15 minutes as the golden 15 mins. We got up around 10 and had an amazing breakfast at the hotel. I have to say the service and fresh croissants is amazing... and if I should die from the E. Coli the only fresh thing I've had was a strawberry. We got ready and headed out to explore the city. I planned a pretty chill day to make up for yesterdays insanity.
 |
| Church |
Our first planned stop was the Castle. What a climb... but the view was awesome. My biggest complaint was the 5Euro tarrif to get in... but really all you got into was the courtyard the rest of the grounds were free. Either way it was beautiful and nice.
Next we headed to Starbucks to use the internet and get a drink. I usually avoid chain places but I needed their internet... and the most amazing thing ever happened in that Starbucks I got the news that I passed my boards. I can't tell you what it felt like. It was a mix of emotions but I am so happy and thankful. Thankful it is over, thankful I had so much support and thankful for finding out while in Germany. Pretty cool story I think. :)
 |
PASSED!!!
|
After recovering from the shock we headed to the university to see their old jail. Almost all the grafitti was done with candle ashes and soot. Which I thought was amazing. The lecture hall was quite amazing. I can't imagine what an actual class would be like in there. We concluded our day out with a walk along the river and dinner.
 |
| Pepper spray in a vending machine... awesome right? |
 |
| Lecture hall |
 |
| Castle |
 |
| Furry seat |
 |
| Locks of love on the bridge |
After a nap we headed out to the bar, where I attempted a "milk shake" but let me tell you it was warm yogurt. GROSS!! However, we did end up in this nice bar call Redroom... which we've really enjoyed. Great place with internet! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
Wow what a beautiful place just do not eat the fruit or veggies. :)
ReplyDeleteLove
Mom
PS
all the babies are doing fine, takeing meds, and eating well. do not worry The Simpsons have called , Mr Simpson just called to check on Courage I think he really loves that dog! Be safe