Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In your face anxiety!

The day before last I went and had allergy testing done. I am so proud of myself for going to a new doctor all by myself, experiencing a new building, being stabbed by tons of allergens and just sitting there. I sat in a room, by myself with allergens that could easily caused anaphylaxis shock (it's literally a 1 in million chance) and not have a panic attack. I didn't faint, I didn't throw-up, I didn't fall to pieces, I didn't die... I met my fear head on, alone and I did great.

So yeah this blog is really just a pat on my own hive covered back. I'm okay and I'm going to continue getting better. I will not crumble in dispare from the fear of the unknown or the possibility that I could die... because the truth is one day I will die but worrying about it is useless. Enough is enough. I'm taking my life back... I'm coming off paxil (slowly) and you better believe I'm going to keep fighting back until I am who I want to be.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole Blake MorrisAugust 25, 2010 at 8:45 PM

    I am so proud of you Reagan. I am currently on Paxil and have been for over a year now. I feel that even at almost the maximum dosage it is not doing me any good. I still have anxiety attacks and complete emotional breakdowns. I am looking at trying to start a different medication combo to get this better under control. But I am nervous too. I am not looking forward to that feeling of coming off of Paxil or getting used to a new drug. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can find a medication that works better for you. I highly recommend taking time daily to reflect on what are the triggers to your anxiety and finding a therapist to talk to. Before I started tapering off Paxil I read up on the horrors of coming off and techniques http://www.quitpaxil.org/index.htm . I'm coming off super slowly and so far my side effects have been minimal... a little blue, a little fatigued, slight headache and occasional palpitations but all in all okay.

    ReplyDelete