I admit it; I love the Twilight Saga (the books more than the movies). I like to think I enjoy the saga because of its universal language of love however, the oatmeal has a far funnier explanation of why I love it, check it out Anyway, for some reason I felt the need to share my thoughts.
No matter who you are you fit into the Twilight Saga. Everyone gets to take a spin experience being Jacob (yearning for someone who just doesn’t love you the same way) and you’ll also have a spin as Bella (being in love, obsessed or preoccupied with someone or something, causing them to miss their Jacob) but not everyone gets a chance to be Edward (being loved unconditionally by the only one they want and getting them).
I am team Jacob… perhaps because I felt how genuine his intentions were, which are better portrayed in the book but probability even more because I spent much of my adolescent years being Jacob. The role of Jacob includes being an amazing friend, ridiculously supportive and continuously getting stepped on when someone else better comes along. Realizing that I was someone else Bella is depressing (because I would never want to treat “Jacob” like she does) and flattering (who doesn’t want to be loved and desired) at the same time. When I look back on my experiences I can honestly say I have experienced all three roles and although at the time I was not able to be thankful for the pain and or happiness, I absolutely am thankful now. The experiences of my youth made me who I am today and I can truthfully say I still love ever single person that has come into and out of my life. And the good news is through all my crazy experience, I found someone better than Bella, I found Jason and I couldn’t be happier… except maybe if I was as rich as Edward.
No comments:
Post a Comment