Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday night reflection

This is the first week of my "new" life as a full time stay at home mom with a part time weekend job. Jason is back at school already, well actually it is band camp this week but next week school starts. All I can say is wow has my life changed....  and you know what? This is right where I need to be. Holding my sweet Kelso, stealing his snuggles, enjoying his gorgeous smiles, giggles and watching him explore. I love him and motherhood more than I ever imagined. I know at some point it will be time for me to go back to work full time and we can't move until I do but I also know right now, this is what is right for us. Now that I've come to terms with this I'm trying to figure out what that means for my future, and for the possible additions to our family. Will I be ready to let Kelso go to daycare or preschool at 1? At 2?  3? I had always thought I would have my babies 5 years apart and work full time... ands then for awhile I thought at 30 I'd just throw it all to the wind and be quiverfull until 35 or 36... that seems really scary now though. LOL  As we already covered, life is nothing like I thought. ;) Anyway, lets say I stay home with Kelso for 2 years... then go to work full time for 2 year and then we have another baby, I'm sure I'd be leaving the working world again except at 35, which seems scary... In the same token I do not want Kelso starting Kindergarten here in P-town and I know for sure I cannot move us out of here unless I work full time.  So the question is I wonder when I'll be ready to go back to work and when should  we add to our family. For the time I'm letting it go and I'm just enjoying every second I can, life is just too short.

4 comments:

  1. Thats my girl, that is how I felt as a new mom with both your brother and you. You will know when its time for Kelso to go to pre school, or day care, when he needs little friends to grow his awesome personality , but like you said life is short, enjoy the minute because that is now tomorrow will come and you can decide later. I am proud of you and you are an awesome mom I love you baby Doo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are wonderful. Enjoy every day with your child. As you know, we never know about tomorrow. There isn't anything wrong with teaching her child to say I love you as you will never forget hearing him say that. God Bless you Reagan and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know exactly what the future holds for us, but the present is definitely a blessing. I love that both of us are getting to spend so much time with Kelso right now, even if it's mostly one of us at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a different answer for everyone, but do have to say I feel very blessed to have stayed home with mine until school age! =) Enjoy your little sugar!!

    ~*Leighanna*~

    ReplyDelete