Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday, my frienemy

There are so many things about Sunday that I love and yet a deep sense of resentment taints our relationship. I love going to church on Sunday morning, sleeping in, a big afternoon lunch, a Sunday nap and a day full of little to no obligations. But, I hate that the weekend is over, preparations for the week have to begin, that naps make me unable to fall asleep and that house work must be done. I remember as a child that Sundays always seems so long and so boring, nothing to do and nothing good ever on the television, with the dear exception of The Simpson, and Married with Children (if I think WAY back), and I. Now I wish Sundays lasted a little bit longer, and then perhaps I could no long be torn with feelings of love and hate. Perhaps a 4 day work week would fit me better.

1 comment:

  1. I've always said that Mondays should be done away with completely. Sundays are definitely bittersweet...

    ReplyDelete